How to Register Packaged Food Products with Dubai Montaji?
Dubai’s diversification away from an oil-dependent economy to a knowledge-based one has turned the emirate into a thriving international market of consumer goods. Dubai is now a hot hub where people from nearly all nationalities live, work and do business. The selling of packaged food products is a lucrative business in Dubai but is highly regulated as well. Importers, manufacturers and distributors of packaged food must carry out product registration in Dubai before selling them in the local market.
Product registration in Dubai is made mandatory to ensure that the products are safe for public consumption. Registration of packaged food products is regulated by the Dubai Municipality through the Montaji system. Products that are not registered will be rejected during shipment or will be withdrawn from the local marketplace. Product registration agents in Dubai can help you quickly register your products with Dubai Montaji. Read ahead to know further about the process
Scope of Packaged Food Products
Packaged food products come in various types of containers supplied to the markets and retail stores. Processed foods are also packed and sold in different types of boxes or cans. An indicative list of major packaged foods is given below:
- Frozen vegetables
- Frozen foods such as nuggets
- Frozen yoghurt
- Canned beans such as corns
- Canned food such as tuna, salmon, sausages
- Canned sauces such as tomato sauce
- Packaged Ice-creams, Cakes etc.
- Juices with or without pulps
Label Approval for Food Product Registration
Dubai Montaji product registration is a system through which consumer goods including food products are registered with Dubai Municipality (DM), before being imported or distributed in Dubai. Product registration with Dubai Municipality is a complex process involving many layers. It involves several documentation and approvals such as label approval. To obtain label approval, each packaged food product should contain the following:
- Brand name
- Product’s name and short description
- The label should be in Arabic & English
- Weight or volume of the product in question
- Instruction for usage
- Mention all ingredients that may cause hypersensitivity
- Name of manufacturer, distributor, packer or importer
- Manufacturing date and expiry date of products
- Product bar code
- Country of origin
- Storage conditions
- Nutritional information if applicable
Why Regulation of Food Products in Dubai is Necessary?
Dubai Montaji Product registration is governed by Dubai Municipality through its Food Import & Re-Export Service (FIRS). Through this system, the Dubai government ensures that only the best quality food products are being imported into the local market. Product registration in Dubai ensures that consumers get healthy products for consumption. In case of any side effects, consumers can sue the manufacturers based on the label information.
Conditions for Food Product Registration in Dubai
Before registering a product with the Dubai Montaji system, you must understand the key requirements set out by the Dubai Municipality. Product registration agents in Dubai can help you meet the requirements. The following are the key requirements:
- Banned ingredients such as poppy seeds can’t be registered
- All the ingredients in the packaged food must be mentioned on the label
- The application will be rejected if the product in question is registered in Montaji through another name or account
- Banned food flavours must not be present in the product such as fast yellow A B, yellow 2 G, patent blue V, Amaranth, potassium bromate etc.
Documents Required for Registration
The process of product registration with Dubai Montaji requires you to register the products through the Municipality’s e-services. You should also submit details and samples of the product as well. Apart from that, the following key documents must also be submitted to the Dubai Municipality. Consult with product registration agents in Dubai for properly arranging and drafting the documents.
- Trade license of the company
- Email ID of the company
- A phone number as well as a fax number of the company
- P.O. Box number of the company
- Details of company’s site in Dubai
- Company agent’s name along with the mobile number
Consult with the Best Product Registration Agents in Dubai, UAE
Conducting product registration in Dubai is mandatory to import or sell packaged food in the emirate. Unregistered products will be considered fake goods and will be rejected during shipment or will be withdrawn when placed in the local marketplace. Since Dubai Montaji product registration is mandatory, you need to ensure all the requirements are met. Product registration agents in Dubai such as Jitendra Intellectual Property (JIP) can help you register packaged food products with Montaji.
JIP is one of the leading providers of product registration services in Dubai. Our agents can help you prepare the documents as per the Dubai Municipality requirements. Consult with JIP to avail of a comprehensive solution for registering your products with Dubai Municipality.